To photograph truthfully and effectively is to see beneath the surfaces.Ansel Adams
Hi! I’m Beth Buckley.
The outdoors is a place of comfort, adventure, reflection, and inspiration for me. Landscape photography captures my imagination because of the fickle ways of Mother Nature. My work often involves meticulous planning, weather-watching, hiking over long distances and rugged terrain, and getting little sleep—all in hopes of capturing that ethereal, dynamic moment. Sometimes I walk away from the scene with nothing, but sometimes an otherworldly view just unfolds before the lens. It’s those moments that make all the work worthwhile.
While I employ some artistic license and creative processing techniques to get the most from my images, I believe in capturing scenes with a journalistic attention to reality. I want my photos to be beautiful and noteworthy, but to also realistically capture the scene or the subject as it truly is.
When I’m not out in the woods or on the road, you can find me at my day job as an office manager in Little Rock, or experimenting in the kitchen with my husband Tyler. If you’re interested in my work, drop me a line — I’d love to hear from you!
Services I Offer
- Product & lifestyle photography for your business, website or marketing materials
- Nature and landscape fine art prints
- Collaborations with fellow creatives
- Casual & creative portraiture
- Documentary photography
- Photo essays & editorial assignments
- Licensing for print
- … and much more!
- Current member of #ARAmbassadors for the Arkansas Tourism Board
- Arkansas Life, Summer 2020 — Big Dam Photo
- The Odyssey Online, featured in “20 Things to Do in Arkansas This Summer”
- Arkansas Life, Fall 2019 — Photography for “Becoming an Outdoors-Woman” by Alisyn Reid
I’m also a proud member of the Nature First Photography Alliance. Our goal is to prioritize the well-being of nature, educate ourselves & others about the locations we photograph, and to promote Leave No Trace principles. If you’re interested in our mission, please join us!